22 Lab Exercise: Worksheet (Teams and Teamwork)
LAB EXERCISE: WORKSHEET (TEAMS & TEAMWORK)
For this lab exercise you will:
- Describe the similarities and differences between group and team.
- Describe the stages of team development.
- Identify the myriad of team roles and how they impact team functioning.
- Explain how mutual support and task assistance play an important role in team culture.
- Describe the characteristics of effective leadership in healthcare applying the models of shared leadership, situational leadership, and transformational leadership.
- Display the motivation to improve performance in leader role on the interprofessional healthcare team.
- Identify barriers to effective teamwork in healthcare.
- REVIEW your knowledge concerning teamwork.
- As a team, ANSWER the following questions concerning teams and teamwork for healthcare professionals.
- REVIEW the Rubric.
- Define Group and Team. What is the difference between Group and Team? Give examples.
- What are the Stages of Team Development? In what stage is your team? Why?
- What are the benefits of and barriers to teamwork?
- What are mutual support and task assistance? Give examples.
- What are shared leadership, situational leadership, and transformational leadership? Give examples.
- What is team intelligence?
RUBRIC – Worksheet (Teams and Teamwork)
|0-5||Defines group and team. Describes differences. Gives examples of each.|
|0-5||Describes the Tuckman’s five stages of team development. Identifies own team’s stage and development including a rationale for this assessment.|
|0-5||Lists at least 5 benefits of effective teamwork. Lists at least 5 barriers to effective teamwork.|
|0-5||Defines mutual support and task assistance. Gives examples of each.|
|0-5||Defines shared leadership, situational leadership, and transformational leadership. Gives examples of each.|
|0-5||Defines team intelligence.|