29 Lab Exercise: Worksheet (Conflict)
LAB EXERCISE: WORKSHEET (CONFLICT)
For this lab exercise you will:
- Identify the common sources of conflict that occur in healthcare.
- Examine the pitfalls of groupthink and how it can impact conflict resolution.
- Give timely, sensitive, instructive feedback to other about their performance on the team, responding respectfully as a team member to feedback from others (IPEC, 2011, CC5).
- Use respectful language appropriate for a given difficult situation, critical conversation, or interprofessional conflict (IPEC, 2011, CC6).
- Recognize how one’s own uniqueness, including experience level, expertise, culture, power, and hierarchy within the health care team, contributes to effective communication, conflict resolution, and positive interprofessional working relationships (IPEC, 2011, CC7).
- REVIEW your knowledge concerning conflict.
- As a team, ANSWER the following questions concerning conflict in healthcare.
- REVIEW the Rubric.
- What are the types of conflict? Give examples.
- What are the sources/causes of conflict that happen in healthcare?
- What are team traits for successfully managing conflict?
- What are the positive and negative consequences of conflict? Give examples.
- What are barriers to resolving a conflict?
- What is Groupthink? How does Groupthink impact conflict in a group?
RUBRIC – Worksheet (Conflict)
|0-5||Identifies types of conflict and offers relevant examples of each type.|
|0-5||Offers a myriad of sources and/or causes of conflict that happen in healthcare.|
|0-5||Lists team traits that are important to effectively manage conflict on teams.|
|0-5||Lists at least 5 positive and 5 negative consequences of conflict. Gives examples of each.|
|0-5||Offers various barriers to resolving conflict on teams.|
|0-5||Defines Groupthink and how it impacts teamwork.|