LAB EXERCISE: WHY VALUES MATTER
For this lab exercise you will:
- Respect the unique cultures, values, roles/responsibilities, and expertise of other health professions and the impact these factors can have on health outcomes (IPEC, 2011, VE4).
- Work in cooperation with those who receive care, those who provide care, and others who contribute to or support the delivery of prevention and health services and programs (IPEC, 2011, VE5).
- IDENTIFY as an individual or team an important value for your team that is related to providing patient care as a healthcare professional.
- DEFINE the value.
- WRITE a healthcare-related/patient-related story that demonstrates the value.
- SEARCH FOR/CREATE the unique image of your value that is demonstrated in the healthcare-related/patient-related story.
RUBRIC – Why Values Matter
|0-5||Identifies a relevant value that is team-related/collaboration-related.|
|0-10||Clearly and in depth, defines the value.|
|0-10||The healthcare-related/patient-related story well-represents the value.|
|0-5||The image is relevant and illustrates the value and the story|
Interprofessional Education Collaborative Expert Panel. (2011). Core competencies for interprofessional practice: Report of an expert panel. Washington, D.C.: Interprofessional Education Collaborative
TED. (2019, January 17). Why values matter/Jan Stasssen/TEDxMunchen. [Video]. YouTube.